Where do you stay in London with kids? If you are looking for the best child friendly hotels in London, these are the ones we think will soon be your favorite places to stay in London too.
There are many safe hotels throughout the city that offer kid-friendly dining options, access to babysitting services, and other perks that make traveling with little ones a bit easier. The question is whether you can find one with adequate space for a family and availability for your intended travel dates.
What to Look for Hotels in London
Some other factors to consider when searching for the best child friendly hotels in London include:
- Budget – London is one of the more expensive travel destinations when it comes to accommodations. You may save a little while ensuring room availability if you book at least three months in advance. Last-minute bookings will likely come with higher price tag.
- Location– Traveling London with kids is easier if you can stay close to some of the big attractions you want to visit. You’ll spend less time traveling between stopping points and will have a short trip back to the room when needed. You may also save on local travel expenses if you can walk to many of your destinations.
- Space– Do you want to stay in a hotel room, or would you prefer renting a house? Your budget will determine how much space you can afford to some extent, and larger families may have to look a bit harder to find hotels large enough for comfort. Again, booking early is the best option. The most spacious rooms will fill up fast, especially in the busy summer months.
- Amenities– A 4- or 5-star hotel will cost more while offering more dining, recreation, and shopping options right in the hotel. Less luxurious hotels will save you some money but may offer smaller rooms, fewer room amenities, and little to no options for on-site dining, shopping, swimming, and recreation.
Best Child Friendly Hotels in London and Other Great Places to Stay:
London Marriott Hotel County Hall
You’ll find this upscale hotel on Westminster Bridge Road in Lambeth, London. Some rooms offer views of the River Thames while others overlook Big Ben. Two rail stations are about a 10-minute walk away, and the location places you in the center of London with beautiful scenery in every direction.
Marriott is a good choice if you want reasonable prices and can accept a bit less space than you may get from a townhome or apartment. The Deluxe rooms at this hotel include two double beds and will sleep up to a family of four.
Do you need more reasons to check into this 5-star hotel? We have a few more perks:
- Swimming pool
- Egyptian cotton sheets
- Luxury bathrobes and slippers
- Marble bathrooms
- Fitness center
- Steakhouse and bar on property
Hotels aren’t your only options for child-friendly accommodations in London. Coach House allows you to rent homes in various neighborhoods, so your family can enjoy a more home-like environment. That means you will have access to a full kitchen, private bathrooms, private parking, and all the other amenities that come with staying at home.
Other reasons to consider renting a London home include:
- Spacious homes suitable for families of all sizes
- Housing on the same block for multiple families traveling together
- More privacy than a hotel
- Bed and breakfast experience for families with up to five people
- Short-stay and long-stay accommodations available
The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
If you can afford the luxury of a 5-star hotel, you may enjoy the apartments available through this picturesque London hotel located near leafy Green Park in Westminster Borough. The property is split between hotel rooms, suites, and more spacious townhomes that are suitable for families.
The townhomes open directly to the streets in the center of London and come with kitchenettes. They provide a home-like feel.
Other benefits to choosing the townhomes at this luxury hotel include:
- Residents’ lounge on the top floor
- Free room upgrades when available
- Full-service spa
- Private dining available
- Underfloor bathroom heating
- Walk-in showers
Located on Ebury Street, B+B Belgravia is split between bed and breakfast units and fully serviced apartments. The apartments offer adequate space for many families and are pet friendly. All guests receive either continental breakfast or full English breakfast, depending on the reservation. Breakfast is delivered to your door and is included in the room cost.
Other perks of staying at this family-friendly London hotel include:
- Bowls, beds, treats, and other pet supplies provided
- Concierge and reception available around the clock
- Guest laptop and printer available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free tea, coffee, mineral water
- Free bike hire from the hotel
This is our top pick for child-friendly hotels that are also budget-friendly. Room prices are often half what you will pay for an upscale, 5-star hotel, but you sacrifice some space for that lower price tag. This is a standard hotel room that may fit up to a family of four at most. It’s located in Victoria and is close to public transportation and some attractions that are popular with children.
You won’t get the upscale amenities that come with other hotels, but this is a good pick if you’re traveling London with kids and need to watch your budget. There’s so much to do in London that you may not spend much time in the room, anyway!
- Best Kid-Friendly London Restaurants – Where to Eat on Vacation
- Top 10 Best Sightseeing Places in London with Kids
- Best Family Spa Hotels Near London
- Luxury Family Hotels Near London
- Budget London Hotels Close to Attractions
- Top Family Hotels Near London Eye
- How to Find London Apartment Hotels for Families
- Family-Friendly Hotels Close to London Dungeons
- Quaint Places in London to Stay with Kids
- Top Family Hostels in London England