Looking for some fun restaurants for kids in London? Here are our favorites for kids of all ages.
It’s time to stop thinking about food as just another travel expense. When you choose fun restaurants, eating can feel like an adventure. You can turn a delicious meal into an attraction that comes with entertainment and excitement.
To help you make the most of dining out in London, we decided to share our list of fun restaurants for kids. They all have something special that appeals to kids of varying ages, so they’re family-friendly with a touch of entertainment. Enjoy!
Our Favorite Fun Restaurants for Kids in London:
You know you’ve walked into an unusual restaurant when you see the shiny buddhas and massive peacock feathers that bring Archipelago to life. The theme is international life and cuisine, but the excitement doesn’t stop with the exotic décor.
The menu will either give you a shock or get you excited, depending on how adventurous you’re feeling. Some of the dishes include crispy zebra, alpaca, kangaroo, python, crocodile, and even chocolate-covered insects. If you’re not up for the adventure, you can choose standard dishes like chicken. They also have vegetarian options.
Look for this fun restaurant near the British Museum, Russell Square, and Regent’s Park. It’s convenient to the Great Portland Street and Tottenham Court Road tube stations.
You’ll find this fun London restaurant in Soho and Covent Garden. Both locations are convenient to some of the most popular attractions, making it easy to stop by to fuel up on a busy day of sightseeing. What makes the spot unique is the advanced technology that turns your tabletop into a computer station.
Projections on the table allow you to order your food, decorate your table with graffiti, or explore the neighborhood virtually. You can also watch live footage of the chef or play retro games right on the table while waiting for your food.
The menu touches on Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Japanese dishes. The food is intended for sharing, so you’ll get some quality time with the family as you dine.
Special effects and animatronics bring the Amazonian rainforest to life at this American and International café near Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square. Sound and visual effects are used to surround diners with the animals, waterfalls, and rainfall of a tropical rainforest.
The kid’s menu at this family-friendly restaurant features the standard American dishes that most kids are accustomed to eating at home. The a la carte menu allows older kids and adults to enjoy steaks, ribs, burgers, pasta, and some scrumptious desserts.
Pay tribute to the Rolling Stones in a rock and roll themed London restaurant serving classic tex-mex dishes. Load up the nachos. Stack the burgers. Bring on the chicken wings, and let the fajitas sizzle. This is an affordable restaurant with some low-cost menu items and a cozy environment that families should find welcoming.
Sticky Fingers is located in the Kensington area just east of the southern edge of Holland Park. Many families enjoy the rock music playing in the background as well as the simple menu items that appeal to children of all ages.
Setting Your Dining Budget Free
If you’re browsing this list of fun restaurants for kids in London, perhaps you’re wondering how you can fit some of them into your travel budget. It may seem like a challenge now, but we have some money-saving tips that will help you dine in comfort without stressing over the bill at some fun restaurants for kids in London:
- Don’t pass up small London cafes. They often have the lowest prices, but the quality of food is unexpectedly good. They’re perfect for a cheap breakfast or fast lunch, and the low prices will allow you to splurge a bit on London’s fun restaurant options.
- Find a supermarket and make your own sandwiches. Grab a bag of chips or crackers, and you have a complete picnic that you can enjoy at one of London’s beautiful parks, gardens, or squares.
- Eat some meals in your hotel room. Even if your room doesn’t have a kitchenette, there are some easy meals that you can put together without cooking. That allows you to spend more on a nice restaurant or two while you’re out touring London.
- Choose the best time of day to eat at each must-see London restaurant. Some restaurants raise prices substantially for dinner but offer great food at reasonable prices for lunch.
- Look for discounts and specials. Some restaurants allow kids to eat free for every adult meal purchased. Others have special lunch or cost-saving menus. Still others may offer serving sizes so large that you can share with a child to save money on dinner.
We hope these tips help you free up more of your travel budget for fun dining experiences. You don’t have to eat just to fill your stomach. The city is full of fun restaurants for kids in London that kids of all ages will love.